Education & Training
AE & Associates, LLC offers a wide variety of education and training programs to help you refine your skills and advance your career. These programs range from courses for CPC, Inpatient Workshop, and Clinical Documentation Improvement Seminars. AE & Associates, LLC also offers an accelerated CCS course for Nurses, Physicians, and those with industry experience
Outpatient CDI Webinar
Increasing interest in outpatient clinical documentation improvement (CDI) programs is pervasive throughout the health care community as more and more facilities jump on the bandwagon. With this increasing interest, there is a critical need to ensure programs are created, developed, and implemented for the right reason, goals, objectives, and visions. A strong, conceptualized understanding of the key elements of a successful outpatient CDI program is a prerequisite for the development and implementation of a sustainable physician-engaged program. This webinar will utilize a real case study at a two-hospital health care system to showcase and outline the steps and processes necessary to ensure the development, planning, and rollout of an organized, well-planned outpatient CDI program that creates a vision of inspiration for physicians to become willing participants in the programs.
Attendees will be able to successfully articulate the ideal goals, objectives, and mission for implementing an effective outpatient CDI program that truly inspires physicians to improve the quality and completeness of the communication of patient care for all the right reasons. Participants will be empowered to perform the following at the conclusion:
- Define and practically apply appropriate meaningful goals, objectives, and mission of the outpatient CDI program;
- Assess current immediate needs and clinical areas ripe for improvement in communication of patient care;
- Plan, organize and develop a reasonable roadmap from start to finish on how to implement an effective sustainable outpatient CDO model that truly moves the needle on accurate and complete communication of patient care for the right reasons; and
- Design the structural foundations and operational processes necessary to ensure the sustainability of initial creation and rollout efforts in outpatient CDI.
Medical Coding 240 Program
In 4 to 5 months you can become a Certified Coding Specialist with AHIMA. This course is tailored to those who are physicians or registered nurses.
Benefits to the CCS course are:
- Learn from approved and highly qualified instructors
- Receive personal instruction and assistance with homework and assignments
- Become well versed in ICD 10-CM, PCS, and CPT as well as Reimbursement Methodologies
- Ability to take the CCS exam at various locations across the United States
- Duration: 240 Instructional Hours to be completed in approximately 4-5 Months
- Start Date: October 27th, 2018-End Date: February 24th, 2019
- Class Times: Saturday & Sunday 8am-4:30pm
- Live instruction offered both in-class and online
- Instructor: Arnold Ardevela, MBA, CCS, CPC, CPC-I, COC, CHCC, C-CDI, CCDS,CIC, AHIMA Certified Ambassador ICD-10 CM/PCS Trainer, AAPC PMCC Approved ICD-10-CM Instructor
Module 1: $1,500
Module 2: $1,500
Total Cost for both terms: $3,000 *Financing Options Available
AE & Associates, LLC does allow provisions for individuals who hold a Medical Billing certificate, please call to find out if you qualify. For a Comprehensive Medical Coding Education please visit our educational arm: http://www.tricountyallied.edu/
CPC Training and Credential Program
In just 10 weeks you can prepare to take the Certified Professional Coder examination.
Benefits of this AAPC approved class are:
- Learn from AAPC credentialed instructors
- Receive personal instruction and assistance with coding questions and assignments
- Take the proctored AAPC exam in the Corona location
- Meet and network with other medical coding professionals
Once certified your abilities will include:
- Proficiency across a wide range of services, including evaluation and management, anesthesia, surgical services, radiology, pathology, and medicine.
- Knowledge of anatomy, physiology, and medical terminology is necessary to correctly code provider diagnoses and services.
- Proficiency coding ICD-10-CM, CPT, and HCPCS Level II.
To qualify for this course you must have a current coding credential through the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) in the form of CCA, CCS, RHIT, or RHIA. You may also qualify if you have previous work experience as a medical coder or have received formal training in medical coding *
* To be determined by Program Director
PROGRAM NAME: Professional Coder Training & CPC Test Prep Program
COURSE DURATION: 96 Hours
START DATE: TBD
LOCATION: 506 Queensland Circle, Corona, CA 92879
DAY/ TIMES: Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays; 6:00 PM – 9:00 PM
INSTRUCTOR: Laurie Stutzman, PA, BS, CCS, CPC-I, COC, CIC
AAPC PMCC Approved ICD-10-CM Trainer
TOTAL PROGRAM COST: $1,200.00 Only $700 for Tri-County Allied graduates!
With the implementation of ICD-10-CM/PCS code set, our Inpatient Training Workshop is geared for Health Information Management (HIM) professionals who wish to further enhance their knowledge in a simulated Inpatient Acute Hospital setting. Students will learn how to code Inpatient charts in this instructor-lead and practical application course. Students will utilize Encoders and learn how to query and improve Clinical Documentation by physicians, Present on Admission (POA), OSHPD abstracting, and MS-DRG/ APR-DRG.
PROGRAM NAME: Inpatient Workshop
COURSE DURATION: 96 hours
START DATE: TBD
LOCATION: 6281 Beach Blvd. Ste. 150, Buena Park, CA 90621
DAY/TIMES: Saturdays & Sundays, 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM
INSTRUCTOR: Arnold T. Ardevela, MBA, CCS, CPC-I, COC, CHCC, C-CDI, CCDS, CIC
AHIMA Certified Ambassador ICD-10-CM/PCS Trainer
AAPC PMCC Approved ICD-10-CM Trainer
TOTAL PROGRAM COST: $1,850.00*
* Payment Plan Available
** Early Registration Discount: Students will receive a $150.00 reduction in the tuition fee if registered before October 1, 2016, at 11:59 PM PST.